Friday, January 23, 2015

Waiting Until the Last Minute

For this not-so-little project I've embarked on, I have devoted an entire notebook to writing down my thoughts, ideas, and goals.  Every week or so I take the time to check in and look through the pages I've written on.  I am a self-proclaimed Type A person, so all of my thoughts are organized into their respective categories.  Each week I have taken a few of these goals and put them on my weekly to-do list.  At the end of the week, I am tracking my progress.  So far, so good.

Last week we tackled the unpleasant task of cleaning out the refrigerator and embarked on our journey to become debt-free and live on a budget.  Bet you can guess which task I saved for the last-minute:  yep, the refrigerator.  Not my favorite activity, but my husband pitched in and we were done in no time!

I've set my weeks running from Sunday to Saturday.  Within that time frame I will achieve all I set out to do that week.  There really are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.  If I'm going to get sh*t done, I need to follow through with my goals.  Given the unexpected now four-day long baby illness, I'm behind but I know I can finish.

Tonight we're going to tackle the biggest and most important project on my list this week:  my daughter's fleece tie blanket.  The material has been sitting in the closet for a year, she's asked me numerous times to make it, and darn it, I'm going to make it (with a little help from my husband I hope!).  Tomorrow morning when my daughter wakes up I'm going to surprise her with that blanket.
I can see the joyous look on her face already!

If you're struggling to meet your goals, set which days your week will run from and create a realistic list of goals you can achieve in that time frame.  Don't let anything get in the way of meeting those goals.  Lighten the load and let the guilt, regret, and stress go.  We're going to have an amazingly awesome year of meeting our goals, no matter how big or small!



No comments:

Post a Comment