Thursday, January 22, 2015

Unpredictability

Y'all it is hard to get it done when your baby has been sick for days on end and sleep has been hard to come by.  I'm giving myself some grace this week as it has taken every last ounce of my energy to care for her all day and all night.  I am praying this doesn't spread to one of the other three.  If it does, we'll be out of commission until February!

This unpredictability is just the norm when you're a parent.  I have found things can drastically change from one hour to the next.  Jeez, I suppose this could be reduced to minute by minute.  It can make life a little more challenging, but this too shall pass. There are times I sadly think of the days that will come several years from now when I will miss the chaos and craziness of having my children at home.  When we're in the thick of it, though, it is hard to imagine that day will ever come.

The important lesson in all of this, though, is to not let the bumps in the road completely derail the journey.  No, I have not made a dent in what I wanted to accomplish this week, but it's okay.  There is always tomorrow.  This week my baby needs her mommy and when there's a rare quiet moment I need rest.

While no one wants their children to feel miserable, there have been treasured moments to be found. It has been ages since I've held my sleeping baby and the snuggles have been aplenty. In no time at all these days will be gone.  I have soaked up every last one of them this week. Sometimes there is beauty in the mess if we open our eyes to find it.



No comments:

Post a Comment