Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Mantra

I am nearing two weeks into The Year to Get It Done and feeling very optimistic and driven.  This year-long journey is not about the extraordinary, but rather the ordinary every day opportunities to do something positive and fulfilling.  I want to be present and intentional.

I want to follow through with the projects I've meant to start but haven't.  The dates with my husband I mean to plan, but don't.  The fun family time I want to carve out, but regrettably don't because I am too busy with this or that.

I want to feel alive and at peace rather than burnt out and burdened.  This journey is about all of the baby steps that, when put together, add up to a remarkable outcome.  They make a difference and will eventually lead to a freer way of living.

I want to strengthen my friendships and spend time with those important to me.  I will strive to follow my heart and pursue a life path that is not only fulfilling, but brings joy and peace to my life.

No longer will I be swayed by what others may think or succumb to the societal pressures lurking around every corner.  Each decision will be carefully weighed with our family's best interests at the center of our decision-making process.  The days of "I wish" will be replaced with "I did."  Regrets will be replaced with contentment and satisfaction.

Those dreams that seem too big really aren't.  If you have passion and put your mind to it all things are possible.  At this particular time in my life I feel like I can do anything if I really put enough effort into it.  Each day is fresh with many choices to be made.  I can choose to manage my time wisely, connect with those around me, and pursue my goals and dreams or I can sit idly watching life pass me by.

I think I'll choose the former.  There's not better time than now.


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment