Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sweet Rewards

My first step in this journey was to set goals.  Rather than focusing on one particular goal, I came up with several goals in many areas of my life.  It's kind of how I operate, a very "all-or-nothing" type of gal here.  If I'm going to declare 2015 The Year to Get It Done, then that's exactly what I'm going to do.  Keep in mind many of those goals are on the less-grandiose side.  For the most part I want to make sure I am using my time wisely and making connections with others.  If it takes writing them down in a notebook to ensure they happen, then so be it.

So far this month has been a win in many of the areas I set out to improve upon.  My husband and I have gone on not one, but TWO date nights, we are working together on our finances and paying down debt, we have scheduled fun family time for the weekend, and I've spent time with my friends...all this and it's only the 15th!

To switch it up I bit I have been finding ways to make the mundane housework a little more fun.  I busted out my iPod filled with my favorite songs, cranked it up, and worked on cleaning and laundry.  The kids had a blast dancing and I enjoyed the little pick-me-up, so it was a win-win for us all.  On top of that, I cut a little deal with myself.  I devoted Monday and Wednesday to getting the big chores done (laundry, cleaning bathrooms, putting clothes away) and rewarded myself with some time with friends on Tuesday and Thursday.  The kids got to play, I got social time.  I admit I was a bit more motivated to tackle what I needed to do knowing if I did I would have time with the girls.

It is so very important to set up a little reward system to stay motivated.  Lost ten pounds?  Buy an outfit that makes you feel good.  Completed your daily to-do list?  Take 30 minutes to sit down and relax.  Stuck to your budget?  Set aside some money next month to do something fun with your spouse.

There are countless ways to reward yourself.  Make sure you take the time to do so!  If you're using a notebook, write down rewards that are meaningful to you and create a plan.  It can be so hard when you finish one task and set your eyes on the next, but we all deserve a little pat on the back here and there.  Go ahead, bask in the glory, if only for bit.  I bet you'll find yourself tackling your next goal with a little more enthusiasm.  After all, who doesn't enjoy a little reward here and there?



  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment