Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 1: Success

What is the best way to achieve a goal?  Set benchmarks?  Small goals?  Rewards for progress along the way?  

My first full week of The Year of People was a smashing success.  Success, in this particular case, is a week full of spending time with some of my favorite people.  Last week was a success, because I made a conscious effort to schedule dates with my family, friends, and neighbors.

A play date, girl's night out, dinner date with our neighbors, and family time at home were all wonderful ways to spend my time during the first week of 2016.  None of these dates over-scheduled our family, cost a lot of money, or caused great stress to prepare for.  Instead, they were simple, low-key opportunities to connect with those I care about.

If I'm being honest, I struggle during the winter months and adopting this mantra has pushed me to not let the cold, dreary winter days keep me holed up inside my house with little interaction with the outside world.

Instead, it's given me the motivation and opportunity to entertain, to cook for others, to spend time with those in my circle.  It's encouraging me to focus.  It's given me a purpose.    

Intentional living.    

#theyearofpeople

   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment