Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Line in the Sand

Last week I drew a line in the sand.

It was a long time coming, but that one particular day something snapped and I made the decision enough was enough.  Since that pivotal moment, a refreshing wave has washed over me.  I have been awakened and am ready to get to work.  It is time to throw caution to the wind, try new things, take some risks, and make time for myself.



This week has been a great start.  Monday brought about a flurry of activity:  a trial membership to a local gym, scheduling a much-needed hair appointment, a trial membership to a fitness app, ordering some new make-up, and taking time to read again.

It's been pretty awesome.  And it's only the beginning.

Today I'll briefly touch on one of my biggest goals:  getting back into shape...again.  I want to feel good about myself.  I long to feel more energized, challenged, and confident.  I want to set goals and feel the sense of accomplishment when they are met.

I think it's safe to say this is a pretty common goal for most women.  Finding the time to exercise can be so difficult when you have a family to care for.  In the end, though, it's just an excuse.  We make time for what is important, and being a healthy mother should be near the top of that list.

If a gym isn't in the cards, you're in luck.  I found an awesome app called The Daily Burn to stream right through my TV at home.  Generally, I would not be thrilled about exercising at home, but this program has been amazing.  I feel like I'm back in the classes at my old gym again and boy, am I SORE!  They offer a free 30 day trial, so what do you have to lose?!

Taking the first step is always the hardest, but once you do, the possibilities are endless.

That imaginary line in the sand has set me free.  This week is the beginning of a long journey to get to know myself better.  One that will not only be beneficial for me, but for my entire family as well.  An apathetic, uncertain, tired mama is no good for anyone.

Listen to that voice in your head urging you to pursue an activity, goal, or interest.  You never know when a spark will turn into a fire.

And that fire will make you come alive again.

What are you waiting for?  Fuel the flames, friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment