Monday, May 11, 2015

So Much Joy

Ah, Monday is here again.  This particular Monday brings about some mixed emotions.  Last week, the author visit I had worked on putting together for about eight months happened and it was more than I could have ever dreamed it to be.  Amazing doesn't even begin to sum it up.  Deep down inside, I believe bringing Michelle Nelson-Schmidt to speak to the children served by From Cover to Cover was near the top of my life experiences, outside of my wedding day and birth of my children.  The majority of the children she spoke to live in poverty and the gift of hope and encouragement she shared with them is bound to change lives.  Those sweet kids left with a smile on their face, a twinkle in their eye, and walked a little taller after they heard her speak.  The many hours of grant writing, public speaking, and planning were more than worth it.  I hope to be able to provide this gift to more children in my community in the future.

I ended the week on a high and had a wonderful weekend with friends and my sweet family.  Everyone is back to the grind today and I am feeling the let-down effect.  Months and months of my life went into putting together that author visit and I am left with the feeling of what now?  I know I should be savoring the quiet and resting, but this busy brain of mine has a hard time letting that happen.  In my heart I know my work has only just begun working with children in need in my community, but it is so hard to be patient and wait to see lies ahead.  I am confident more doors will open and He will put more on my heart, but I want a sneak peak now!

On the bright side, summer is right around the corner.  Traveling is one of my passions and soon we'll be hitting the road on our first big trip for the summer.  The excitement in my house is palpable and I am looking forward to our adventures as a family.  These vacations will leave us with lasting memories and I feel so blessed we are able to travel quite extensively this summer.

First up is a week at the beach.  A place where we can all sit back and relax.  The kids are already planning their sand creations and the other day my oldest son so sweetly said, "Mom.  The beach is going to be a nice break for you.  We can just run around all day and you won't even have to yell at us."

Well said, my boy.  We can all benefit from a week of no running, schedules, or plans.  I'll be packing up some good books, a journal, and my camera in my beach bag.  I can already hear the sound of the waves and feel the breeze.  I might be experiencing a bit of restlessness and wonder, but I am looking forward to spending some uninterrupted quality time with my family.  Perhaps I'll come back refreshed and full of ideas.  Only time will tell!

Our happy place






 


No comments:

Post a Comment