Friday, March 27, 2015

Progress

The end of March is right around the corner and with that a quarter of 2015 will have passed.  Those cold winter months weren't wasted in our house and we hope to have a little spring in our step now that the weather will (hopefully) be warming up.  I've continued to keep notes in my "Get It Done" notebook and have enjoyed crossing off some of the "to-do's" in various categories.

I had high hopes around our house during the month of March.  My spring cleaning got off to a banging start, but amid the countless cases of strep throat and life's many unexpected twists and turns my efforts got derailed a bit.  I'm not throwing in the towel yet, after all I still have a few more days in March left, but I'm okay with the progress, though imperfect, that I made.  In due time this house will be decluttered and cleaned well, but until then I'll be content with accomplishing what my time allows each day.

I think the biggest area of progress during these first few months has been on the financial front.  After committing to finally utilizing a budget and focusing on the steps found in Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, I am thrilled that my husband and I have moved on to step 3.  We are officially debt-free (other than our mortgage of course) and moving on to building up our six month savings.  We are both pretty ecstatic about our progress the past few months and are looking forward to the next step of the journey.  Our budget is going well and it has been amazing how less-stressed we are about money.  We know where our money is going and what a difference it has made.

I'll wrap it up with one other area I am so pleased has shown progress:  relationships.  By intentionally scheduling time for this area, we have been able to spend time out with our friends, both together and alone, gone on date nights, taken our kids on some fun, but simple, outings, and, gasp, I even snuck away for a night to attend the Hearts at Home conference with a few girlfriends.  While there is still room for improvement in this area, some serious progress has been made and it has been fun and refreshing.

So, cheers to three months into the journey of "2015: The Year to Get It Done."  Hoping this next month holds many bright, warm, and sunny days and the opportunity to set some goals and achieve them.  Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment