Monday, March 2, 2015

Patience is a Virtue...I Don't Come By it Easily

Gah, I've neglected my blog for a bit, but for good reason.  I've been getting it done, engrossed in some books, and maneuvering my way through the business of life.  It is so very hard for me to stay focused at times, because my brain is always five steps ahead of where I currently am.  At times it is frustrating as I wish I could just be more content with the present, but at other times it's a good thing because it gives me direction and doesn't leave me feeling stagnant.

My house cleaning, organizing, decluttering project is moving along pretty well.  Tackling the kitchen first was a big task as there was a lot to be done.  The first donation box went out today and there will be others where that came from.  It feels good to sort out our belongings, part with what we can donate, and set aside items I will sell at a garage sale this spring.  We could use some more vacation money, so we'll give it a shot!

Much of my "spare" time has been spent brainstorming about my new business venture idea and my charity.  Both require a lot of time, but will hopefully yield fruitful results in the near future.  I would love to use my skills to bring in some extra dough to help meet our financial goals.  I think if I'm patient, thoughtful, and persistent, I can get this idea to pan out and be on my way to doing just that. There are times I wish I could rub that genie bottle and my wish would be granted, but the life lessons that come with waiting and problem-solving are priceless.

So, here we are at March already.  Are you feeling like you're getting it done so far in 2015 or are you struggling through this long and cold winter?  I am looking forward to a surge of energy once the warm temperatures arrive and I can hit the pavement running.  I've got some cute summer pants waiting for me in my closet (I found them all today while sorting through it!).  Maintaining an in-home workout program is just about impossible given there are kids around me most of the day.  I never thought I'd say I'm looking forward to getting up early and going for a run.  Long winters will do that to you I suppose!

Now, work on that patience and persistence and good things will happen.  I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment