Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Find Your People

Are you getting excited yet?  I am!  Thoughts, ideas, and goals are being written in my little yellow notebook each day.  My husband and I are thoughtfully considering the why behind the goals we have set and now it's time for the final step:  being held accountable.

By nature, I am a competitive person.  I look forward to a challenge and do my best to follow through and achieve what I've set out to do.  I am much more successful, though, if I share my goal with at least one other person.

The summer after I had my fourth child I decided to try the Couch to 5K program to not only lose the baby weight, but to challenge myself as well.  My husband was my person.  He encouraged me to keep at it and I happily reported my progress after each run.  For someone who found a mile to be a feat, I was very proud when I finally ran that 5K with ease.  Without him, I may not have been as successful.

In preparation for "The Year to Get It Done," I am not only enlisting some of my family and friends to hold me accountable, but an online community as well.  I hope you will join me and share some of your goals and progress on my Facebook page.  Each week I plan to do a little check-in to see how everyone is doing.  A little encouragement can go a long way!

We'll officially be off and running on January 1st!  To kick the year off, I'll be holding a two-day contest and concluding with a giveaway!  Make sure you check back in for the announcement tomorrow, as the contest will only run through 7 P.M. CST Thursday night!

Until then, be thinking about who your people will be.

My first 2 mile race-a family affair!





No comments:

Post a Comment